McGregor responds to Taoiseach’s criticism after Trump visit
Micheál Martin does not represent the people of Ireland, Conor McGregor has claimed, after being criticised by the Taoiseach.
It came after Irish political leaders said the mixed martial arts fighter does not speak for Ireland as he visited the White House for a St Patrick’s Day meeting with US President Donald Trump.
McGregor praised Mr Trump’s work ethic as “inspiring” as he met him in the Oval Office on Monday, while the President described him as “fantastic”.
The Dubliner told reporters in the West Wing that he was going to voice concerns about immigration issues in Ireland when he spoke to Mr Trump.
McGregor, who has previously stated an intent to run for presidency, claimed the Government was one of “zero action with zero accountability”.
His visit to the White House came months after he was found civilly liable in a High Court damages case in Dublin taken by a woman who accused him of rape.

We’ve summarized this news for a quick read. If you’re interested, you can read the full article here: