Michael Flatley has paid off €6.9m loan at centre of mansion dispute, court told
Lord of the Dance star Michael Flatley has paid off the €6.9 million loan at the centre of a dispute over his Castlehyde mansion in Co Cork, the Commercial Court has been told.
The entertainer had been given until Tuesday to make the transfer into the account of the solicitors on behalf of the lender, who appointed a receiver over Castlehyde three months ago.
Mr Justice Mark Sanfey, who had stipulated a 12.30pm deadline on Tuesday for the transfer to be made, was told the money had been paid.
However another legal row may be about to erupt as the lender’s side asked the Flatley side to consent to paying the legal costs of the court applications and the Flatley legal team said it had no instructions on the matter.
Kelley Smith SC, the counsel for the lender Novellus Finance, at the outset told the court the transfer was made at 7.50pm on Monday evening, but she said it fell short in that it did not include the cost of court appearances on the matter over the last two days and…
We’ve summarized this news for a quick read. If you’re interested, you can read the full article here: